Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I love Sundays!

I really do!!!  It's the day that I get the time to do a full workout in.  Today was another butt-kicking session with Amy at the YMCA.  It was an intense 45 minute spin class today!  Half way through we did a 13 minute hard hill climb that I was fully sweating through.  As she finally let us sprint down the hill the class began to cheer.  Amy couldn't figure out why...until we all noticed the the overhead fans weren't on!  The wind from the fans made me feel like I was pedaling even that much faster!

After class I went for a nice jog around the track.  I have been sick for a majority of the week and today was the first day that I could breathe through my nose...I planned to take full advantage of it.  About a mile into my run, I noticed my neighbor, Rob, was on the track.  We usually run about the same pace so I joined him and had company for the remainder of my run.  At mile 2, there was a girl who I met on Wednesday who was also running.  She and I keep a similar pace and she had given me some nice encouragement the other day.  So as Rob and I ran by her, I tapped her on the arm and she joined in. 

It really was so nice to have a group to run with today!  It is rare for me since I am so used to running by myself.  I didn't get the name of the girl who I ran with since we were focused but we agreed to meet up again on Wednesday.  I may have finally found a running buddy!!!

MILETIMEPACE
1         9:30           9'30"
219:009'29"
328:429'42"
Power Song of the Day: Waka Waka - Shakira
897.19 miles to 1000 miles for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment