Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well I am still taking it easy today.  The rest of my body has recovered nicely but boy is that right foot taking it's own sweet time.  I'm pretty sure it's got a stress fracture in it.  I wish it didn't because I want to get out on the road and start running again! 
I spent most of the day researching my races for the new year.  I am not one to set resolutions but I decided to set a goal for the New Year...to become a Half Fanatic!  For anyone who got to these races then you have seen these amazing people out there along the course (along with the Marathon Maniacs).  The minimum criteria is: 2 half marathons in 16 days or 3 half marathons in 90 days.  Time doesn't matter as long as you are having fun!---Well, at least I have that criteria met :) There are other classifications too but that is just the minimum.  For more information you can check it out at: http://www.halffanatics.com/
Here are the races that I am interested in so far:
Tacoma City Half Marathon - May 1st
Heroes Half Marathon (Everett, WA) - May 8th
Capital City Half Marathon (Olympia, WA) - May 15th
North Olympic Discovery Half Marathon (Sequim to Port Angeles, WA) - June 5th
Rock n Roll (Seattle, WA) - June 25th
Ocean Shores Big Half Marathon  - July 10th
See Jane Run Women's Half Marathon (Seattle, WA) - July 17th
Tacoma Narrows Half Marathon - August 6th
Disneyland Half Marathon (Anaheim, CA) - September 4th
You Go Girl (Tacoma, WA) - September 18th
Maui Half Marathon (Maui, HI) - September 18th
Portland Half Marathon (Portland, OR) - October 9th

Of course, this is my wish list...I wonder which ones I will be able to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment