Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

995.14 miles to go

I got to go on another run 2 days ago.  It was chilly out so I threw on the fleece sweatshirt (I never run in fleece), the fleece gloves, and a beanie.  It was also already dark out so I finally got to use the new reflective light up safety band  that I got for Christmas from my sister-in-law, Andrea.  It was a nice, easy run around the neighborhood.  I promised myself the same as my previous run...any pain and I would stop running. 
One loop around the neighborhood is almost exactly 1 mile.  First lap done, no pain.  On the second lap I decided to switch it up and about 3/4 of the way around, I turned back and went the way I came.  I wasn't sure if I could do a full 3 miles tonight so I thought by turning around, I could add some extra ground without committing to a full lap. 

Well, I probably should have stayed on my original path because about .25 miles later I started to feel pain.  I was still .5 miles away from home!  So, I just kept going and it ended up not being too bad either.  I felt more like it was a cramp in my foot tonight rather then pain so I pushed through.  All together, I ran a total of 2.51 miles that night.  Still building towards my 1000 miles for the year...SLOWLY!  

995.14 to go.

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/plus/#//runs/detail/676716880/1369432481/all/allRuns/

No comments:

Post a Comment