Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

959.4 to go

I was able to run a decent amount of miles so far this week!  In fact, this is the first week since setting my goal of 1000 miles in 2011 that I am ahead of the pace...for the week anyway.  I am still currently 30.58 miles behind my target but I plan on making up some ground in the next few weeks.  Already this week, I put in 13.01 miles in a matter of 3 runs.  I still have my 1/2 marathon this weekend which means I will have ran a total of 26 miles this week!!!

Sunday's run was AWESOME!  I decided to run a new course through the golf course across the street and it was wonderful.  More hills then I usually run and lots of head-wind...so it was a challenge.  It was nice to change up my usual course though.  Breaking up the monotony for change and I still managed to get home in time to see the Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl! 
6.47 miles in 1:03:04 = 9'44'/mile

Wednesday was a cold jaunt around the neighborhood.  I threw on my fleece and flashing runners light and hit the road.  I felt pretty fast last night...maybe because it was so chilly :)  Anyway I look at it, I got another great run in before my big weekend!  A little pain in my knees but nothing too bad.
3.39 miles in 29.38 = 8'44'/mi

Tonight's run was just an easy one at the YMCA.  As we all know, it's not my favorite place to run.  I complain every time I have to dodge kids and tonight is no different...well maybe a little different...I had to dodge adults too.  Ugh!  Please people, don't stop on the track and go the other way!!!  It's so dangerous...for me and for you.  Okay, enough venting.  Overall, another run done.  My last one before the big weekend.  I think I'm ready.  Right?
3.15 miles in 29:51 = 9'28'/mi

There you have it 13.01 miles in 3 runs.  I know I haven't run as long of a run as I have wanted before the 1/2 marathon but I think with enough support I will get through it.  My goal is to beat my last time of 2:19:20 so I will set my goal at 2:15:00.  Do you think I can do it?  I think I can ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you're getting back out there. I can only imagine how a stress fracture can slow you down. So glad to see you fight through it!

    I hear ya about the track at the Y. That is one thing I DON'T miss. I sort of gave kids a pass, but the damn adults should know better. But, these are the same fools who drive on our roads! 'Nuff said!

    Keep going girl! I'll throw a link to your blog onto my twitter feed. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rory! I miss you on FB but I'm glad to see you here though :( I hope all is well in your running world and with your family. When is our next big race together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It's nice getting away from the big social network monster. ;-)

    Saw you got another race tomorrow/today. Go get 'em! As far as our next big race? Geez...maybe March or April. I seem to be having a hard time willing myself back on track--if it's not one excuse it's another.

    I'll pop into fb every once and awhile. Until then, keep up with my little world over on my blog. Take care!

    ReplyDelete